Monday, 20 January 2014

Hello 2014! and some new resolutions ..

Hello! 

My name is Haizea and I have joined The Old School Club to help Inma with the classes, projects and events. I am a journalist, I have experience in all of that concerns to the Media, as news editor, cameraman, journalist and social  media manager, with a really great interest in new technologies.

You will "see" me in Facebook, Twitter, the blog and hopefully in person too! I am also working behind the scenes preparing events and promoting some of the classes. I am really looking forward to working in the club and collaborating with Inma to make The Old School Club a great success. 

And now my first post!!  





The Christmas holidays have come to an end. After a few days of great celebrations we must go back to normal. But also come the good purposes for this New Year.

With the beginning of each year a list of good intentions is made, having short and long-term goals are good for us. Which are your own ones for 2014?

Obviously, staying healthy (and visit the gym for some!) is on the list of most women, and I include myself! :) And also are to grow professionally, to have health and to nurture the loves of our lives. Of course, these things can not be missed.



However, I've decided to add a few more objectives to my list. This year, and one of the most important points for this 2014, I would like to learn something new and to gain new skills. Something that raises new challenges and of course makes me grow and enrich me both personally and socially.

That is why, from 'The Old School Club' we will try to help and therefore propose new challenges where you can learn new skills, meet other people and of course have fun!

From sewing, where you are able to learn the basics of sewing. For example, making a totebag or the gorgeous Cooper bag! whilst we learn hand and machine sewing techniques. Or also making an A-line skirt, an ideal class for those new to dressmaking but with some experience of using a sewing machine and ready to get started.



If you like upholstery, we also have a course for you. A 3 session course where you will learn the basics of modern upholstery and will make a gorgeous footstool.


You can also learn the main techniques of painting furniturewith chalk paint and how to transform a stool, small table, chair or shelf unit.



You can also learn how to crochet and make granny squares that you will be able to sew together into a blanket, bag or anything you like, this would be a great idea for this new year!.


And of course, we have also prepared some gourmet skills for you. A series of social meet ups, demonstrations and tasting events based on gourmet products and skills.



So, which one is going to be your new challenge for this new 2014?! We will make it easy for you. For more details about our classes and events, please go here

xx
Haizea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment